David is a leadership performance consultant specializing in individual and organizational performance improvement. In addition to a Master of Arts Degree in Adult Education, David acts as the emotional intelligence and leadership subject matter expert for several leading corporate training companies and post-secondary institutions.
David Cory is the President and founder of EITC
He is a Certified Trainer in the area of Emotional Intelligence with MHS Inc. and is considered to be an international expert on the integration of emotional intelligence and leadership development.
David’s expertise includes:
- assessment of learning needs;
- design and delivery of customized performance improvement interventions including the development of personal and interpersonal effectiveness skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, and team effectiveness skills;
- psychometric assessment for recruiting, screening and employee development;
- facilitating team building and strategic planning sessions;
- conference and meeting key note presentations, and;
- executive coaching (one-to-one and group/team).
David is associated with and provides services in partnership with many companies, most notably, the federal government’s Canada School of Public Service (Ottawa), EuraMaTech (Liverpool), The Oxford Management Centre (Oxford), and SMRHRD in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. David has delivered courses in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe, and all over North America.
In addition to his organizational consulting and training practice, David’s company, The Emotional Intelligence Training Company Inc. hosted the first Vancouver International EQ Conference in July 2006 which brought together EQ experts, including Dr. Reuven Bar-On, from all over the world.
David is a frequent guest speaker at CPHR and other business associations and ICF chapters across the country. Finally, David is often requested as a keynote speaker at conferences (World HR Congresses in Singapore, Brunei, Bahrain, and Kuala Lumpur) on the topic of emotional intelligence.
Music has always been a big part of David’s life. Ever since he started singing, he’s been using his musical talent to touch people’s lives. He’s recorded an award nominated album of original music and has incorporated music into corporate training and speaking to rave reviews.