Leading scientific assessment of EI
This course will certify you to use the first and most widely used, scientifically validated assessment of emotional intelligence in the world – the Emotional Quotient Inventory and the EQ 360 from MHS Assessments Inc.
You will receive:
- a personal EQ-i 2.0 assessment and debrief with your own EQ coach
- two follow up coaching sessions with your EQ coach to fast-track your own development and awareness
- your own EQ-i 2.0 Workplace report, which puts your results into general workplace language
- two days of training with the option of the powerful third day course: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- the option to request your own EQ-i 2.0 Leadership Report, which compares your results with high-performing leaders
- the choice of the third day with a focus on delivering courses and workshops and EQ skill development
- certification to administer and use the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360
- the book, The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success, by Dr. Steven Stein and Dr. Howard Book
- customizable materials (Participant Workbook, PowerPoint Slides, and Video clips you can use to run your own courses)
This course, licensed by Multi-Health Systems Inc., will include detailed information and instruction on the administration, scoring, interpretation, development, norming, reliability and validity of the EQ-i 2.0®. It will provide you with the information you will need to make educated and informed decisions regarding your employees or clients and to form the basis of a sound emotional intelligence skills development program.
The fees, plus applicable taxes (depending on location), include all materials received before or during the workshop, meals and refreshments served during the training, as well as certification in the EQ-i2.0® from MHS.
Topics will include
- The history of emotional intelligence/review of various theoretical perspectives on emotional intelligence
- The development of the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360
- How to administer the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360 and to interpret results
- How to give constructive feedback on both the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360
- Ethical use of the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Practice giving feedback and interpreting results
Get certified in Canada’s major cities
Vancouver | Calgary | Toronto | Ottawa
Choose the third day: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
All EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360 Certification Courses are two days long and include certification with both the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360 assessment tools.
Then there is the third day. We call this day Leading with Emotional Intelligence and highly encourage and recommend it for professionals that want to take their ability to develop EI competencies through coaching and/or training to the next level.
About Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Purpose: To create a deeper understanding of how to assist clients/participants to improve their EI skills with a special focus on ‘leading one’s self’ and others. We all need to lead ourselves whether we have direct reports or not. Leadership is about making a choice to ‘step up to the plate’ and deal with whatever life puts in our path.
Methodology: Through role modelling, direct instruction, interactive exercises, the facilitator will take you through a one day course, explaining how and why we deliver the content the way we do. Through this process you will get ideas and approaches that you can use with your coaching clients and groups for any length of session. You will also receive the participant workbook, course outline, PowerPoint slides, video clips, exercises – all in modifiable form so you can edit and use these materials in any way that meets your unique needs.
- be able to create a workshop, course, or Key Note presentation designed to introduce and develop EI skills (again with the focus on leadership development, but can be easily modified for your specific purpose – and we’ll coach you on how to do this if you have questions)
- obtain all the materials in modifiable form to create participant workbooks, handouts, course outlines, PowerPoint presentations, exercises for specific learning points and understand at a deeper level what is required to create real sustainable EI skill development for individuals and groups
- receive post-course support to address challenges faced in creating EI development programming for clients
EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Report
Included with the course is your own personal EQ-i 2.0® Workplace Report, which places your EQ results in general workplace language.
EQ-i 2.0 Leadership Report
You have the option to also request your Leadership Report, which compares your EQ results with other leaders and compares your EQ results with a transformational leadership model. If you work in the area of leadership development you will be very interested in this report.
Continuing Coach Education, International Coach Federation
We are accredited by ICF to provide CCE units to our certification course participants:
- 9.25 Core Competency Credits, and
- 6.75 Resource Credits for the 2nd day
- 6.75 Resource Credits for the 3rd day
Resource Development includes training formerly called Personal Development, Business Development, or Other Skills and Tools.
Significant positive impact
The EQ-i Certification Course has made a significant positive impact on my coaching business.
A Wonderful Course
Really enjoyed the EQi 2.0/EQ 360 certification course in Ottawa in February. David did a wonderful job teaching the course and left us feeling that he had exceeded our expectations completely. Also, the other participants were a joy to meet and interact with in the exercises. We look forward to meeting up again sometime soon. We would solidly recommend the course to anyone looking for EQ training.
Understanding of emotional intelligence and extensive knowledge
I have had the pleasure of working with David as well as attending an EQi certification course he facilitated. David’s well honed facilitation skills and level of professionalism are exemplary. His leadership skills and dedication to promoting the understanding of emotional intelligence and his extensive knowledge set him apart in this field. I highly recommend David’s work and ability to inspire.