Emotional intelligence skills are leadership skills.
Get certified in London
Some people have them. Some people learn them. Emotional intelligence assessment can help you, and with certification, you can help your team. It is not only possible to improve your emotional intelligence skills, it is absolutely critical to success. We can help you, and more importantly, we can help you help your team.
See our upcoming dates!
Emotional Intelligence skills are leadership skills
Find out how you can develop your EI skills, and those of your team, through certification.
Get certified to use the EI assessment tool used by the Government of Canada, Google and Microsoft.
This course will certify you to use the leading scientific assessment of emotional intelligence. You get:
- personal EI assessment and debrief
- two follow up coaching sessions
- optional leadership report
- two days of training
- optional third day with a focus on delivery and capacity building
certification to use the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360
- The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success
- customizable materials you need to run your own courses
If you have questions, please get in touch.
About this certification
This certification course, licenced by Multi-Health Systems Inc., will include detailed information and instruction on the administration, scoring, interpretation, development, norming, reliability and validity of the EQ-i 2.0®. It will provide you with the information you will need to make educated and informed decisions regarding your employees or clients and to form the basis of a sound emotional intelligence skills development program.
The fees, plus applicable taxes (depending on location), include all materials received before or during the workshop, meals and refreshments served during the training, as well as certification in the EQ-i2.0® from MHS.
Topics will include
- The history of emotional intelligence/review of various theoretical perspectives on emotional intelligence
- The development of the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360
- How to administer the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360 and to interpret results
- How to give constructive feedback on both the EQ-i2.0® and the EQ 3602.0®
- Ethical use of the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360
- Practice giving feedback and interpreting results
Included with the course is your own personal EQ-i 2.0® Workplace Report, which places your EQ results in general workplace language.
You have the option to also request your Leadership Report, which compares your EQ results with other leaders and compares your EQ results with a transformational leadership model. If you work in the area of leadership development you will be very interested in this report.
Continuing Coach Education, International Coach Federation
We are accredited by ICF to provide CCE units to our certification course participants:
- 9.25 Core Competency Credits, and
- 6.75 Resource Credits for the 2nd day
- 6.75 Resource Credits for the 3rd day
Resource Development includes training formerly called Personal Development, Business Development, or Other Skills and Tools.
Optional third day: Mastering Emotional Intelligence Competencies
All EQ Certification Courses are two days long and include certification with both the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ 360 assessment tools.
There is also an optional third day. We call this the Mastering Emotional Intelligence Competencies and highly recommend it for professionals that want to polish their delivery skills and who want to the benefit of many additional tips and tricks.
About the course
Purpose: To create a deeper understanding of how to assist clients/participants to improve their EQ with a special focus on ‘leading one’s self’ and others. We use ‘leadership’ in a very broad sense. Afterall, we all need to lead ourselves first and foremost whether we have direct reports or not. Leadership is about making a choice to ‘step up to the plate’ and deal with whatever life throws our way.
Methodology: Through role modelling, direct instruction, interactive games and exercises, the facilitator will take you through a two day “Leading with Emotional Intelligence” course, explaining how and why we deliver the content the way we do. Through this process you will get ideas and approaches that you can use with your coaching clients and groups for any length of session. You will also receive the participant manual, course outline, PowerPoint slides, video clips, games and exercises – all in modifiable form so you can edit and use these materials in any way that meets your unique needs.
- be able to create a workshop, course, or Key Note presentation designed to introduce and develop EQ skills (again with the focus on leadership development, but can be easily modified for your specific purpose – and we’ll coach you on how to do this if you have questions)
- obtain all the materials in modifiable form to create participant manuals, handouts, course outlines, PowerPoint presentations, exercises, and games for specific learning points
understand at a deeper level what is required to create real sustainable EQ development for individuals and groups
- receive post-course support to address challenges faced in creating EQ development sessions for clients
Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
551 Windermere Road
London, ON N5X 2T1
Possible location change
Sometimes we need to change the location due to availability. If that happens we’ll keep you informed in your welcome registration email.
Map of the location
“The EQ-i Certification Course has made a significant positive impact on my coaching business.”
Thomas Ucko, Ucko and Associates, San Francisco, CA
“I particularly liked the role modeling of using ‘emotion triggering’ activities like the guitar playing. I rate this workshop 10/10!”
Elaine Thomas, Organizational Effectiveness, Suncor Energy Inc.
“David was great! What he brought in the way of extras – stories, experience, and music was fantastic!”
Tasha Engel, Management Consulting Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
“Excellent…I highly recommend David Cory. He combined knowledge (cognitive) with EQ in delivering a superb program.”
Dr. Scott Wright, Director, Saskatchewan Agriculture