The Heart and Science of Women’s Leadership
What connects leadership with emotional intelligence?
Emotionally Intelligent leaders are people you want to work with. They respect you and what you bring. They are focused on the heart of the matter and ALL IN. Emotionally intelligent organizations have a culture that people want to be a part of, commit to and give their best to.
Emotional intelligence is foundational to the way we operate in the world, relate to others, create opportunities for ourselves and our organizations; for the way we lead. As leadership development evolves, there is a growing recognition that a leader’s values and beliefs provide the bedrock for effective leadership.
“This is about the heart of what matters, supported by the science of effectiveness.” Tweet This!
When leaders create alignment between their values and the organization’s purpose and goals, the work is more meaningful, and the outcomes more powerful and effective.
Why focus on leadership for women?
As leaders in organizations, women face unique opportunities and challenges. They often juggle multiple roles and responsibilities while navigating social expectations and norms. This course provides participants with an opportunity to have important conversations with their peers about their own leadership journey.
About the Course
This three day intensive course is an opportunity for you to examine and build critical emotional intelligence competencies and leadership effectiveness. This will be an experience that takes you to the heart of what matters, supported by the science of effectiveness.
Special three month coaching package
Changing behaviour is hard work and takes time. An investment in coaching is one of the best ways we know to help you move forward. For leadership course participants only, we offer this special pricing of $325/month, based on a three month commitment.
Transformational Leadership Model and emotional intelligence
A four-dimension, Transformational Leadership Model provides the framework for the course.
- Authenticity – Being a role model for moral and fair behaviour. Using a transparent approach to build esteem and confidence in employees.
- Coaching – Mentoring to support employee growth. Supporting employees to achieve their highest levels of performance.
- Insight – Sharing a purpose and hopeful vision for colleagues to follow. Employees are compelled and inspired to exceed goals.
- Innovation – Taking risks, spurring employees ingenuity and autonomous thought. Valuing knowledge, viewing challenges as opportunities.
Throughout the course, we will explore and examine the key emotional intelligence competencies associated with each dimension.
What can you expect?
Women attending this program can expect to:
- Complete the EQ-i 2.0 assessment (the world’s leading and most widely used Emotional Assessment tool)
- Receive your personal, comprehensive EQ-i Leadership Report
- Review and discuss your EQ-i results with your own EQ Coach prior to the course
- Be part of an ongoing support network beginning with dinner on the first evening
- Complete a Personal Leadership Inventory
- Engage in three full days of learning and sharing, facilitated by committed, experienced and knowledgeable leaders
- Develop a personal action plan
- Commit to their personal action plan in a follow-up session with their coach
Regina leadership course details
Offered in partnership with Conexus Credit Union
February 28th to March 3rd 2017
Tuesday the 28th dinner 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesday to Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Conexus Credit Union Training Centre
1916 Dewdney Avenue – Main Floor, Regina, Saskatchewan
This price includes includes EQ-i 2.0® Leadership Report and debrief, course manual, structured dinner, action plan, and one follow-up coaching session
Prepare for an experience that will engage you fully, allow for plenty of sharing and interaction with colleagues and absolutely move you forward in your leadership journey!
February 28: 6:30-8:30pm
Structured dinner where you will have an opportunity to meet the participants and facilitators and be provided with some questions and topics to discuss while sharing a meal. Location: Conexus Credit Union Training Centre
March 1: 9:00am-4:30pm
Morning: Why Emotional Intelligence matters for leadership, the four Dimensions of Transformational Leadership and overview of the 15 EQ Competencies of the MHS Model of Emotional Intelligence based on the original work of Dr. Reuven Bar-On
Afternoon: Values-Based Leadership, Self-Actualization
March 2: 9:00am-4:30pm
Morning: The Leadership Dimension of Authenticity
Afternoon: The Leadership Dimension of Coaching
March 3: 9:00am-3:00pm
Morning: The Leadership Dimension of Insight
Afternoon: The Leadership Dimension of Innovation
- Meeting with your cohort group (to be scheduled at a time convenient to the group)
- Telephone follow-up with your EQ coach