This 30 day online writing course is an opportunity to focus on deepening your understanding of emotional intelligence skills in a facilitated community. This one month program is an excellent way to build EI skills and create a practice of reflection through writing. Enjoy an opportunity to share your writing and see how the writing prompts and exercises move you and your co-writers in diverse ways.
Get smarter about emotions
Structured writing course
We’ve created a curriculum and facilitated online space so that you can focus on your writing and reflections. Follow our prompts and share with your co-writers. Find out what happens when you explore your thoughts and emotions through writing. You get:
February 5th to March 6th
What will the course be like?
- A week before the course starts, you’ll receive a welcome package with your first writing prompt, course guidelines and details about the online space to share your writing.
- The day before the course starts you’ll receive an invitation to join the online space to introduce yourself and start sharing your writing.
- Each day for 30 days you will receive an email with the writing prompt.
- We recommend you plan ahead for when and how long you’ll write. This can be whatever amount of time fits your interests and schedule. Whether you write for 5 minutes or 20 minutes or 40 minutes, you will create space for reflection and learning.
- You can choose when and how much you want to share. You can share what you’ve written or you can share about your process of writing. You’ll be able to read what others in the course have shared and we invite you to encourage other writers in the course.
Facilitated by Rebecca Cory, MA, ACC
Rebecca Cory has a Masters degree in Leadership and Adult Education from the University of Victoria. She is certified to use the EQ-i 2.0 / EQ 360 as well as an ACC Coach through the International Coach Federation. Rebecca loves to write and create. And she loves to support others to express themselves through writing and creativity.
“There’s something powerful about taking time, to reflect, to be with my own thoughts. I discover things I didn’t know I thought or felt. It’s rare to express thoughts and feelings without interruption. I also love reading what other people write. I’ve been an avid reader my whole life, I love getting a glimpse into other people’s thoughts, feelings, worldview. In writing courses, I love the opportunity to witness the immediacy of the ideas and emotions that people are exploring.” – Rebecca Cory
“The scariest moment is always just before you start. After that, things can only get better.”
Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Being more authentic with ourselves and in our relationships allows us to foster more nourishing relationships.
Reading the words and stories of others in the group allows us to have greater insight and empathy about the different (and similar) ways others experience the world.
Taking time each day to slow down and articulate your own thoughts helps us be more grounded, more calm and decreases our stress.
This is a structured opportunity to cultivate mindfulness and focus in a supportive and facilitated community.
More nuanced expression
Develop your capacity to name and express your experience, with greater ease and nuance.
Connect with others through sharing your writing. And develop skills to help you connect with friends and family.
Get smarter about emotions
Thinking about emotions through regular writing will enhance your emotional intelligence.
The next course begins on February 5th and will run for 30 days. Enrollment is limited so sign up now.
The course is available for $145.
Discount for EITC alumni
Alumni of any EITC course or offering can take this course for 20% off. Email for your coupon code!
We also have a limited number of full tuition scholarships available for each course. If you would like to take this course but the cost is getting in the way, please send an email to and with a short paragraph about why you want to participate in this writing course.